We offer the menus and venues to make your function a day to remember.
Rolleston Community Centre
The Rolleston community centre is just 15 minutes south of Hornby. An abundance of space & a top class function lounge with a full commercial kitchen on-site. Ideal for weddings, birthdays, conferences.
New Brighton Memorial Hall
Marine Parade, New Brighton
Fantastic venue on the beach for weddings and all celebrations. The New Brighton Memorial Hall is a stunning venue, a blank canvas for you to add your own personal touch. Amazing view that looks out over the beach with doors opening onto a balcony and stairs leading down onto the beach
St Albans Shirley Club
269 Hills Road, Shirley, Christchurch
A selection of 3 rooms, with the largest being The Matheson Hall which also has a small courtyard. A blank canvas for you to add your personal touch and theme the way you want it to be done, Large car park for guests.
Hampton Lea Gardens
Just 20 minutes drive south of Christchurch. Hampton Lea Gardens is an exceptional venue with many options! The grounds have been beautifully landscaped with the additional beauty of a sculptured pond & waterfall. There is a rustic woolshed on site with gorgeous silk draping and chandeliers, or pop a marquee up on the grounds. Hampton lea Gardens are incredibly accommodating for whatever it is that you are after
The Woolshed at Tipapa
Cradled in the rolling hills of North Canterbury is Tipapa, an oasis of privacy surrounded by 500 acres.
The Woolshed at Tipapa has been meticulously restored to its former and character-filled glory. The atmosphere of a working woolshed pervades every plank, and the extensive shearers stencilling on the walls tells a fascinating story.
The Woolshed is now ready to be shared as a very special venue with approximately 170 sq metres of floor space, music system, fully heated, secluded courtyard, adjacent gallery with private garden.
Parking is plentiful yet out of sight of The Woolshed and the surrounding area.
Mount Vernon Lodge
Mount Vernon Lodge is a beautiful venue with amazing views overlooking Akaroa Harbour.
With grounds hosting plenty of options for your ceremony, reception and accommodation for 50.
Mt Vernon is venue that should be considered if looking for a location wedding in close proximity to Christchurch.
Cashmere Presbyterian Centre
One of our newest venues, The Cashmere Hills Presbyterian Centre have been renovated to provide an internal link from the Church to the Lounge which can seat up to 100 people.This venue is not only ideal for weddings but can also work very well for community & business meetings along with conferences.
Ohoka Community Hall
The Ohoka Community Hall is the ideal venue if you are wanting to decorate theme your way. It is a large blank canvas that you can truly come in and make your own. Ohoka Community Hall is tucked away 20mins from the city. A brand new commercial kitchen is also available for you.
If you want your wedding day to be just that little bit different and unique to so many others. Bring your family and friends together in a giant Nordic tipi for your special day. Kiwi Tipi Rentals are able to set up there tipis virtually anywhere so let your imagination run wild on the possible scenery options New Zealand has to offer. Whether it on a farm or in a park, even your back yard these tipis are visually stunning and make fantastic wedding venues.
Darjon is the vineyard wedding you dreamed of - with beautiful gardens and a traditional winery restaurant setting, which will create as a result, a unique, personal and very memorable event.
Have your ceremony among the vines - with many opportunities for photos with a true Canterbury backdrop.
Local wines picked to suit your menu and impeccable service from Darjons friendly professional wine team, and sumptuous feasts provided by Kiwi Cuisine.
Westhaven’s romantic, all-weather wedding chapel is built of latticework and shade cloth, which is overlaid with corrugated perspex on the roof. The interior is dry and peaceful while allowing views out to the garden. "It’s like getting married in a garden but with protection from the weather" In the garden there are two gazebos and a rose pavilion. The largest gazebo, beside the chapel, can be used as a musicians’ shelter or to serve drinks from. Across the stream the rose pavilion offers a quieter area for photos or as a setting for an outdoor wedding.
Westhaven’s 1950s School Room is available for hire for seated functions of up to 40 people or 60+ for a smorgasbord.
Contact: Kiwi Cuisine - 386-3082 ext 1
Pembertons is magical ! - A purpose built venue with ample courtyard areas. Indoor & Outdoor gas fire to create ambience. A wedding at Pembertons is truly special. Brides have arrived by car, motorbike, horse & cart even helicopter! Pembertons has multiple ceremony areas matched with many areas for photos and a beautiful tea house style with so much character reception room.
Nestled in the hills of the French Farm valley, with the abundance of native tress and birds, meanderings streams and beautifully maintained gardens, French Farm offers you one of the most unique and perfect locations for your magical day.
Canterbury Horticultural Centre
57 Riccarton Ave, Hagley Park, Christchurch
The Canterbury Horicultural Centre is centrally located amidst Hagley Park. There are no tied caterers so you can bring your own caterers and refreshments (including alcohol – although this cannot be sold).
There is a commercial kitchen which is registered and approved by the health department and also contains a steriliser. The centre can also accommodate large mobile catering companies, and there is plenty of space for additional equipment too. With your own or hired decorations, the hall can be transformed into a beautiful setting for weddings both large and small.
127 Cranford Street, St Albans, Christchurch
Contact: Colin Grant
80-100 people, great view over the park and church next door for weddings.
304 Whites Road, Ohoka
Contact: Meris or Robin
Rosemount's unique private nine acre garden estate is beautiful! To compliment this Rosemount has an all weather, all year round magical marquee, with silk lining, polished concrete floors and doors to the outside with all weather access ideal for your reception.
19 Old North Road, Kaiapoi
Contact: Stephanie & Scott
Bramble Grove is a truly gorgeous venue, Recently under new management Stephanie & Scott have years of experience under their belt. Bramble Grove is situated in Kaiapoi with gorgeous gardens and a fresh & clean new look.
Spark Lane, Rangiora.
Dawn & Richard host a great venue in North Canterbury. Grounds, garden and reception hall provide an ideal location for all aspects of a wedding: ceremony, reception, dance & photos. Rossburn has a recently completed chapel ideal for your ceremony to be followed by reception in the function room - An additional charm of Rossburn is the on-site museum, A great talking point for guests to wander through whilst you are away getting photos.
- Avonhead Tavern - Withells Rd, Avonhead - Suit up 120 people
- Black Cat Charters - Lyttelton, Akaroa charter cruises, 3289-078 - suit up to 70 people
Parks and Gardens
- The Groynes - 9412-245. Beautiful park setting with river boundary
- Halswell Quarry - 9412-245. Great picnic areas and play grounds with themed walks
- Spencer Beach Holiday Park - 3298-721. Lodge has 38 beds great for over night function
- Hagley Park/ The Botanical Gardens - 9412-245
- Broadfields Gardens - 3667-774
- Nunwick Park - 3597-965
For more parks & gardens around Christchurch please contact Christchurch City Council>>
Out of Town Venues
- Clarkville Hall - Heywards Rd. 3272-177. Suitable for upto 200 people
- Rolleston Commununity Centre - 3477-219. Suitable 50 -600 people
- Banks Peninsula RFC - 3251-103. Suitable for upto 100 people
- West Melton Community Hall - 3479-692. Suitable for upto 170 people
- Hawarden Golf Club - 03 3144-490
- Gaiety Hall, Akaroa - 03 3047-408
- Diamond Harbour Hall - 03 3294-119 - Suitable for 150 people
Ohoka Community Hall - 03 312 6840 - Can seat up to 350 people at round tables more if theatre style
Christchurch Clubs and Community Centres
- Christchurch Park Complex - 250 Westminister St. 3851-991. Suit up to 250 people
- Belfast Rugby Football Club - 3238-024. Suit up to 900 people
- Cracroft Complex - 3370-516. Sleeps 50, Hall Seats 150 people
- Halswell Community Hall - 3228-823 Suit up to 200 people
- Cashmere Masonic Lodge - 3327-244 - No Bookings being taken at the moment
- Landsdown Community Centre - 3372-476
- New Brighton Surf Club - 3889-919
- Ouruhia Community Hall - Guthries Rd Belfast. 3237-707. Suit up to 150 people
- Sumner Surf Club - 3266-737
- Ascot Community Centre - North New Brighton 3832-224. Suit up to 80 people
- Bromley Community Centre - 3895-726. Suit upto 126 people
- Celebration Centre - Wainoni. 3738-032. Suit upto 1000 people
- Huntsbury Community Centre - 3325-029. Suit upto 80 people
- Mandeville Sports Club - 021 024 38351
- Marist Albion Rugby Club - 3551-141
- Sumner Masonic Lodge - 3844-538
- Sydenham Community Centre - 3811-616. Suit upto 60 people
- Christchurch Yacht Club - Moncks Bay. 3841-311
- Templeton Community Centre - 9418-888 Suit up to 300 people
Venue operators - would you like to make your venues available to us?
Please fill in this form with your details and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.