We offer the menus and venues to make your function a day to remember.
Bramble Grove is situated in Kaiapoi set in gorgeous garden setting the venue includes a lush garden, courtyard and and seating for up to 120 guests.
With the venue offering a expansive garden and reception hall providing an ideal location for all aspects of a wedding seating up to 150 people. With a chapel onsite available for weddings as well as private services including funerals.
Rolleston Community Centre
The Rolleston Community Centre is located 15 minutes south of Hornby. With three spaces for hire including a community room,
lounge and stadium. There is an abundance of space & a top class function lounge with a full commercial kitchen on-site, the venue is ideal for weddings, birthdays, conferences.
New Brighton Memorial Hall
A fantastic venue overlooking the New Brighton beach is suitable for weddings and private celebrations. The New Brighton Memorial Hall is a blank canvas for you to add your own personal touch to the buildings style with a permanent stage and small kitchen on site. The venue boasts amazing views stretching out over the beach with doors opening onto a balcony with stairs leading down onto the beach.
St Albans Shirley Club
A selection of 3 rooms, with the largest being The Matheson Hall which also has a small courtyard. A blank canvas for you to add your personal touch and theme the way you want it to be done with a large car park for guests.
Hampton Lea Gardens
Just 20 minutes drive south of Christchurch, Hampton Lea Gardens is an exceptional venue with many options! The grounds have been beautifully landscaped with the additional beauty of a sculptured pond & waterfall.
Whether a ceremony, High Tea, Garden Party, Cocktail Function or early dinner, Hampton Lea caterers superbly to your and your guests.
The Woolshed at Tipapa
Cradled in the rolling hills of North Canterbury is Tipapa, an oasis of privacy surrounded by 500 acres.
The Woolshed at Tipapa has been meticulously restored to its former and character-filled glory. The atmosphere of a working woolshed pervades every plank, and the extensive shearers stencilling on the walls tells a fascinating story.
The Woolshed is now ready to be shared as a very special venue with approximately 170 sq metres of floor space, music system, fully heated, secluded courtyard, adjacent gallery with private garden.
Mount Vernon Lodge
Mount Vernon Lodge is a beautiful venue with views overlooking Akaroa Harbour.
With grounds hosting plenty of options for your ceremony and a reception room for 120 people alongside A-frame units with accommodation for 50 guests.
Mt Vernon is venue that should be considered if looking for a location wedding in close proximity to Christchurch.
Cashmere Presbyterian Centre
The Cashmere Hills Presbyterian Centre was recently renovated to provide an internal link from the Church to the Lounge with seating for up to 100 people.
This venue is not only ideal for weddings but can also work very well for community & business meetings along with conferences.
Ohoka Community Hall
The Ohoka Community Hall is the ideal venue for those wanting to decorate the venue with your own style from a blank canvas. Ohoka Schools Community Hall is tucked located just 20 minutes from central Christchurch.
This new facility boasts a performing arts room as well as sports hall all with plenty of parking on site.
Looking to create a unique venue with a real difference? Gather your family and friends in a giant Nordic tipi that can be set up in most locations in the majestic options New Zealand has to offer.
Whether it on a farm or in a park, even your back yard Kiwi Tipis are visually stunning and make fantastic wedding venues.
Mt Pleasant Centre
The architecturally designed Mount Pleasant Centre was completed in 2016 and is a sought after venue for celebrations and weddings.
Set on the Heathcote Avon Estuary at the bottom of Mount Pleasant the Centre offers scenic views with rooms filled of natural light.
The main function hall has capacity for 170 guests for a cocktail function, 120 guests for a lecture style and 100 guests for a seated dinner.
Darjon Vineyard has beautiful gardens and a traditional winery restaurant creating a memorable setting for your wedding. With options to have your ceremony among the vines with great opportunities for photos with a true Canterbury backdrop.
Westhaven’s romantic, all-weather wedding chapel is peaceful while allowing views out to the garden. In the garden there are two gazebos and a rose pavilion, across the stream the rose pavilion offers a quieter area for photos or as a setting for an outdoor wedding.
Westhaven’s School Room is available for seated functions of up to 40 people or 60+ for a smorgasbord.
Pemberton is a purpose built venue with multiple garden and courtyard areas available for your wedding ceremony and canapes. An event at Pemberton is truly special and a great option for both summer and winter weddings.
With seating for up to 180 guests in the tea house Pemberton is one of the large wedding venues in Christchurch.
Nestled in the hills of the French Farm Valley on the Banks Peninsula the property has been recently restored and to its former glory. The setting hosts an abundance of native tress and birds, meanderings streams and beautifully maintained gardens. French Farm offers you luxury accommodation options as well an exclusive setting for your wedding or private function.
Located on Cranford Street over looking the football grounds this modern venue is perfect for smaller groups up to 120 for a cocktail style function or conference.
With bar facilities and a modern fitted kitchen, BYO alcohol is permitted.
The venue can provide the following resources for those wanting to host a conference or meeting: Projector, screen,
TV/DVD/Video, whiteboards and conference call facilities.
Rosemount's stunning nine acre garden estate is perfect for weddings in all year round. With a magical silk lined marquee, polished concrete floors with great indoor and outdoor flow.
Avebury House is a two-storied Victorian House which recently refurbished.Set in the banks of the Avon river in Richmond the venue has various rooms and spaces available for hire.
- Avonhead Tavern - Withells Rd, Avonhead - Suit up 120 people
- Black Cat Charters - Lyttelton, Akaroa charter cruises, 3289-078 - suit up to 70 people
Parks and Gardens
- The Groynes - 9412-245. Beautiful park setting with river boundary
- Halswell Quarry - 9412-245. Great picnic areas and play grounds with themed walks
- Spencer Beach Holiday Park - 3298-721. Lodge has 38 beds great for over night function
- Hagley Park/ The Botanical Gardens - 9412-245
- Broadfields Gardens - 3667-774
- Nunwick Park - 3597-965
For more parks & gardens around Christchurch please contact Christchurch City Council>>
Out of Town Venues
- Clarkville Hall - Heywards Rd. 3272-177. Suitable for upto 200 people
- Rolleston Commununity Centre - 3477-219. Suitable 50 -600 people
- Banks Peninsula RFC - 3251-103. Suitable for upto 100 people
- West Melton Community Hall - 3479-692. Suitable for upto 170 people
- Hawarden Golf Club - 03 3144-490
- Gaiety Hall, Akaroa - 03 3047-408
- Diamond Harbour Hall - 03 3294-119 - Suitable for 150 people
Ohoka Community Hall - 03 312 6840 - Can seat up to 350 people at round tables more if theatre style
Christchurch Clubs and Community Centres
- Christchurch Park Complex - 250 Westminister St. 3851-991. Suit up to 250 people
- Belfast Rugby Football Club - 3238-024. Suit up to 900 people
- Cracroft Complex - 3370-516. Sleeps 50, Hall Seats 150 people
- Halswell Community Hall - 3228-823 Suit up to 200 people
- Cashmere Masonic Lodge - 3327-244 - No Bookings being taken at the moment
- Landsdown Community Centre - 3372-476
- New Brighton Surf Club - 3889-919
- Ouruhia Community Hall - Guthries Rd Belfast. 3237-707. Suit up to 150 people
- Sumner Surf Club - 3266-737
- Ascot Community Centre - North New Brighton 3832-224. Suit up to 80 people
- Bromley Community Centre - 3895-726. Suit upto 126 people
- Celebration Centre - Wainoni. 3738-032. Suit upto 1000 people
- Huntsbury Community Centre - 3325-029. Suit upto 80 people
- Mandeville Sports Club - 021 024 38351
- Marist Albion Rugby Club - 3551-141
- Sumner Masonic Lodge - 3844-538
- Sydenham Community Centre - 3811-616. Suit upto 60 people
- Christchurch Yacht Club - Moncks Bay. 3841-311
- Templeton Community Centre - 9418-888 Suit up to 300 people
Venue operators - would you like to make your venues available to us?
Please fill in this form with your details and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.